Saturday, July 5, 2008

Van Der Sar enjoys European Glory against The Blues

Thirteen years after its first Champions League triumph, Edwin van der Sar United was the hero as the Reds claimed European glory against Chelsea ...

Edwin, how does it feel to have picked up your second Champions League winners' medals?
Of course, as Wednesday night, that's what you dream. It has been 13 years - a long time - since I won and it feels fantastic, especially in how we won. This was the last sentence - the economy - I have no words for it. What can I say? It's great.

What was that feeling like when you are immersed in one direction and John Terry saw the trouble to go off in another direction?
I felt very relieved! When he stepped up I knew I had to save or it would be all the more. I went to the right and I was very lucky to see it slip and send the ball wide. Little moments of a game can change dramatically as you saw tonight - we had the chance.

What went through your mind after you Anelka saved the trouble?
You can see ahead, you save it, then you get up and you know the game ended. You have two, three or four seconds on your own, arms in the air and everything goes through your mind. You see your teammates to come, and only happiness, one of the greatest feelings you can always have.

Read this full interview at Manchester united official website.

No comments: